ROMANIAN VISA INFORMATION
Applicants who hold any of the following are visa exempt for a stay of up to 90 days:
– a UK or Irish residence visa, valid for at least 5 years
– a valid multiple-entry UK visa, which has previously been used to enter the UK at least once
– a residence permit in any of the Schengen area member states
– a valid multiple-entry Schengen visa, which has previously been used to enter the Schengen area
– a passport from Moldova, Macedonia, Georgia, Ukraine, Montenegro or Serbia (except for passports issued by the Serbian Coordination Division/Koordinaciona uprava)
NB. The UK or Schengen visa must be valid for the entire duration of stay in Romania.
In all other cases, travellers are required to apply for their visa in person at the Romanian embassy.
Please check our Embassy Contacts page for details.